Sometimes you just feel like a dinner you can whip together in seconds. No need to go to the grocery store to get ingredients. Or spend hours slaving and chopping away. “Whats ready in the vegetable garden” soup is one of my new favourites. This was also combined with “What do we have in the fridge that we need to use up” soup last night.
So here is my Monday night dinner – an extremely versatile soup that literally will be ready once the veggies are chopped and the soup is boiling. Basically, use as much as you like, of what you like, and adjust the ingredients based on how much you need, and how much you have!
-Swiss chard stems
1. Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan, and add the bacon.
2. Cook until the bacon starts to brown, and then add all the chopped vegetables that you want.
3. Stir and continue to cook until the vegetables begin to colour a little. This colouring will be some yummy flavour!
4. Add enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables, and then bring to the boil.
5. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Bring soup back to the boil and add the noodles.
7. Boil until the noodles are cooked.
8. Taste and then season with pepper.
9. Serve and enjoy!!!