How great are freshly baked cookies? Well, this life hack is about to change your life! And let’s be honest, you’re welcome.
I don’t know about your household but in ours, there’s no way that if we made a full batch of cookies that we would eat them all before they went off. I mean, we would definitely give it a good crack, but let’s be realistic here. And how many times do you just crave freshly baked cookies, without having to make a whole batch of cookies?
Well, the answer to these dilemmas is here. Frozen. Cookie Dough. Balls.
1. Make your favourite cookie dough and scoop the cookie dough as you would for baking them.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the dough balls on the tray. Make sure that this tray can fit in your freezer, otherwise, just use a surface (chopping board, plate etc.) that will fit in your freezer.
3. Pop the tray into the oven for at least 2 hours. I normally keep mine in overnight.
4. Once the dough balls are frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or an airtight freezer-safe container for storage. Freezing the dough balls beforehand is important as this stops the balls from sticking together and makes it much easier for you to get your cookies!
And then when you want to eat the cookies just
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C.
2. Line an oven tray with baking paper and place the dough balls onto the sheet, leaving enough room for the cookies to expand as they bake.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy those freshly baked cookies, without having to whip up a whole batch of cookies every time!