The team at Nairns sent me some of their yummy biscuits that have 40% less sugar than the average sweet biscuit, and I just had to use them to create a delicious cheesecake to share with friends! Give it a go and let me know what you think!
200g Nairns Mixed Berries Oat Biscuits, crushed into crumbs
100g butter, melted
350g white chocolate pieces
300ml cream, whipped until stiff
100ml plain yoghurt
250g cream cheese
400g frozen mixed berries
- Grease a spring-from/loose bottom round cake tin – I used a 20cm tin.
- Mix melted butter with biscuit crumbs until the crumbs are all covered in melted butter.
- Pour the crumbs into the cake tin and press down firmly, making sure that the biscuit base is even. Put the biscuit base into the freezer for half an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate pieces in a heat proof bowl over a bain marie (pot of gently simmering water) making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate occasionally to help the melting process.
- In a seperate bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft. Then gently fold in the whipped cream, yoghurt and melted chocolate.
- Take the biscuit base out of the freezer and evenly spread 1/3 of the frozen berries over top of the biscuit base.
- Gently pour the cheesecake mixture on top and scatter the remaining frozen berries on top – some of the berries will sink in to the cheesecake mixture, this is good!
- Put into the fridge to set for around 8 hours. Leaving it to fully set will make it easier for you to cut and plate the cheesecake.